Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wine Blogging Wednesday #28


This month’s Wine Blogging Wednesday #28 - Sparklers! roundup is now up, courtesy of the Culinary Fool. She’s divided the roundup into two parts. Part One covers the multiple bottle entries with Part Two rounding up the single bottle tastings. My entry, on a prosecco I enjoyed last Sunday, was the first time I contributed to the tasting event. As luck would have it, Bill Wilson over at Wine for Newbies included the Santa Margherita Prosecco di Valdobbiadene in his tasting. This was the prosecco I enjoyed a great deal while in Tortola (and misspelled in my post) for my grandfather’s birthday bash but have not been able to locate since returning to New York.

I can’t decide on what aspect of the tasting event I enjoyed more, drinking the prosecco or taking the photos. While shooting pics of the champagne flutes I kept having to wipe the insides of the glasses after taking repeated sips. The smell, color and just plain presence of the wine in front of me were just too tempting to resist long enough to get in some decent shots.

I’m looking forward to hearing what the theme for Wine Blogging Wednesday #29 will be. Of course, there’s also Mixology Monday, Sugar High Friday and the End of Month Eggs on Toast Extravaganza to get involved in. This is going to be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you saw Bill's list of wines as maybe that will help you locate the Santa Margherita in your area - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks much for playing this month - looks like you are going to be an event enthusiast - the more you play the more you'll find. Check out Paper Chef, too! (http://tomatilla.com/)

Happy Holidays!
~ B