Friday, December 8, 2006

Cold, Cold, Cold!



Ok, so it hasn't snowed yet here in New York but I'm sure it won't be too long now before it does. I always get excited about the first big snow storm of the season, how it completely transforms the landscape in such a short period of time. What I really enjoy the pleasant surprise of waking up and discovering everything covered in fresh snow, especially if I wasn't expecting a snowfall, and, of course, if it's the weekend. At the moment, now that the leaves have all fallen, there is an over abundance of grey and brown. Ah, but after that first snowfall of the season things will be looking mighty nice indeed. At least up in my neck of the woods. Back in the city it will be quite gorgeous at first but then quickly turn into a brown sludge fest. Although I suppose it is possible to see beauty in dirty brown sludge if perceived correctly.

It may not be snowing here yet but it is cold, cold, cold outside! Any time I spend in the kitchen this weekend is going to have to be focused on food the warms the body and spirit. Perhaps some slow cooked oatmeal in the morning, a squash soup in the afternoon and a stew in the evening. This is of course assuming I don't have to work all weekend. We shall see...

No comments: